We know that lighting systems are a key aspect in cannabis crops found in indoor environments. It is very important to take into account what type of crop is to choose the type of light that best suits the needs and care of each of the plants.
The two luminaires that we will talk about today are manufactured with the best technology and features. Both the Goliath and the Vera luminaires are equipped with DE technology, that is, double-ended technology that also works with bulbs Metal Halide (HM), High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH / LEC).
They also have the peculiarity that they work with both 600W HPS / HM bulbs and 1000W DE HPS bulbs, as well as 1000W DE LEC / CMH bulbs.
Similarities of the two luminaires
Both lights have a Similar 1000W DE ballast, what was designed in germany, which is why you can use the technology of (Double Ended) 400V in bulbs, which offer better efficiency and a broad spectrum PAR output. This is one of the ballasts that currently exist and operates at a higher frequency, over 100 kHz.
If we talk about the Spiderlux Goliath luminaire, the reflector it contains is made with the best quality in Premium materials and its reflection is 95%. In addition, it has an incredible characteristic, since due to its square shape the light is concentrated in the center. It is important to note that it is a closed reflector and that it has reinforcements for reflection and so that the light and its reflection can be distributed much better.
The main differences between them
The difference between the Goliath and the Spiderlux Vera is that the latter presents an open reflector, with which we achieve a uniform light diffusion, we make the heat dissipate evenly and uniformly and making the lamp have a greater durability. . Here are the main characteristics of each of them:
Main characteristics of the Spiderlux Goliath luminaire:
- DE (double ended) technology
- It has a current input and output protection system
- “Soft start” system
- Integrated level, lets you know if the luminaire is well integrated
- Supports smart controller
- Works with 1000W Metal Halide (MH), High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH / LEC) bulbs
You control the power
Protection over the end of the useful life of the bulb (EOL)
· Short circuit protection.
· Open circuit protection.
· Ignition failure protection.
· Protection against overheating.
· Surge protection.
Main characteristics of the Spiderlux Vera Luminaire:
- Economic price.
- It is equipped with DE (double ended) technology
- Works with 1000W Metal Halide (MH), High Pressure Sodium (HPS) and Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) bulbs
- It is an open reflector that achieves a uniform light diffusion
- Allows the use of 400V DE technology in bulbs
Protection system and other extras
Both luminaires have the current input and output protection systems and in turn, a very smooth ignition systemThanks to this, several luminaires can be switched on at the same time and they will work together.
The Goliath luminaire for its part, thanks to its integrated level you will be able to control whether or not the luminaire is properly leveled. It has a status LED that allows you to check that the lights work correctly and in what state they are, as well as if they are well leveled or not, this allows you to solve it in a simple way if there is a fault in the luminaire that can be fixed.
You just have to pay attention to what the colors tell you:
- The green it means that the normal lights are on.
- The color Red indicates an abnormal state, something is wrong.
- The Orange It shows you the state of the light in the shot.
On Forbidden flower We have a wide variety of lighting accessories for you to choose from, these that we are going to tell you about are some of them. Always take into account the characteristics of the plant to make a good decision. We hope we have been helpful, ask us any questions you have!