Do you know what the marihuana medicinal? Do you think cannabis can be used as a medicine? The short answer is yes. Numerous scientific studies have shown that cannabinoids contain chemical elements that could help treat the symptoms of some diseases.
Is the use of medical cannabis dangerous?
The truth is that medical cannabis has been shown to NOT a health hazard as long as it is consumed in moderation and depending on the disease you want to alleviate. In fact, you should know that currently products with CBD content are marketed (cannabinoide found in cannabis, being the main component of the plant) that are being used in diseases such as diabetes, asthma, Crohn’s disease, multiple sclerosis, eating disorders, heart diseases, etc.
In addition, if we compare CBD with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) we see that the former does not have psychotropic properties, so it is considered that its consumption is more suitable for healing activities. But let’s see a list of the main benefits of using CBD for medical purposes:
Main health benefits
- Relieves pain caused by migraines
- It slows down the growth rate of tumors and alleviate the pain that produce. Specifically, there are proven advances in breast cancer.
- Softens the symptoms of chronic diseases such as multiple sclerosis. Specifically, it is recommended against spasticity, which is the excessive stiffness of the muscles.
- Stops the advance of the alzheimer and other degenerative diseases because it acts as a neuroprotective.
- Helps treat Attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity (ADHD) in both children and adults.
- Relieves symptoms of premenstrual syndrome because it has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties.
- Control of epilepsy, due to its anticonvulsant properties.
- Helps fight anxiety and depression.
Everything you need to know about CBD
Given the benefits of this cannabinoid, it is understood that it has generated a lot of excitement in recent years. It could be said that it is a drug that does not have the effect of feeling high, but it works as a natural medicine.
CBD is one of over 60 compounds found in cannabis, and it appears to be a substance with few or virtually no side effects. This makes it a great ally of medicine and it is understood that it has entered the market strong.
Either way, being a relatively new compound, the truth is that it is not legalized in all countries, although many governments are making progress on this issue. Also, not all the doctors you ask are going to be experts on the subject in order to give you good advice.
Will medical marijuana be commercialized on a large scale in the future? Everything seems to indicate that it is.