Soothing for muscles like the mind, relaxing, anti-inflammatory: it’s no longer a secret, CBD has many virtuous effects explaining its immense success with consumers around the world. However, cannabidiol remains a relatively “new” product on the European market, sometimes causing hesitation among the uninitiated, especially as a clear dosage (dosage and frequency of intake) is not always indicated on the packaging. This comprehensive guide addresses this gap by helping you better consume your hemp oil or any other CBD product for optimal distribution in the body.
Diffusing CBD: general tips for optimizing it
Before we dwell a little longer on the various legally marketed CBD cannabis products, it is worth mentioning some general advice.
- If your CBD product contains dosage or advice for use, follow as a priority the recommendations on the packaging.
- The diffusion of CBD in the body is faster in inhalation (vaporization), then sublingually (under the tongue), then ingestion. The cutaneous route is for its part reserved for localized effects and not extended to the whole organism.
- The ideal CBD dosage depends largely on the individual (body size, state of mind, consumption habits in particular). The law of effect explains why we all react to cannabinoids differently. So always prefer to start with a low dosage, then increase gradually. Too much CBD will not give you anything more and could, on the contrary, lead to a form of addiction.
- A CBD product at broad or full spectrum has more pronounced and varied effects than a simple CBD isolate: this is called the entourage effect. If you can, therefore prefer products combining CBD with other cannabinoids (CBG in particular) as well as with the terpenes naturally present in the plant.
- Cannabinoids are fat soluble molecules. To allow your body to properly assimilate them, therefore associate any intake of CBD with a fatty substance if the product does not contain any (infusions in particular).
CBD oils are theone of the healthiest, smoothest, and fastest ways to experience the effects of CBD. Their use is also very simple, making them one of the favorite products of CBD consumers. To consume your hemp oil properly, all you need to do is place a few drops directly under your tongue, wait 30 to 45 seconds (the effects will be faster), then swallow.
If you don’t like the bitter, earthy taste characteristic of cannabis light, you can hide the taste by placing your drops on a sugar, by diluting them in a spoonful of honey or by cooking them. Our CBD cookie recipe can inspire you!
E-liquids: rapid diffusion of CBD
CBD e-liquids are used like any other e-liquid : you just have to fill the tank of your electronic cigarette, turn it on, then enjoy a relaxing vape. Our guide dedicated to CBD e-liquids and their consumption gives you a lot of advice on choosing your e-liquid and adjusting your electronic cigarette. You will learn in particular thattoo high a temperature is not good for CBD : for a good diffusion of CBD in your body, prefer a moderate power (30 watts is enough) and a resistance between 0.6 and 1 Ohm, according to your vaping preferences. This will allow you not to deteriorate the molecule, and soget better effects. The vape being the fastest way to diffuse CBD, you should feel the first effects a few minutes after starting your session, and usually from the hour after spraying.
CBD infusion: an extremely simple dosage
Nothing could be easier than preparing a CBD hemp infusion: it is done like a classic tea or herbal tea. Place your mixture in a tea ball, pour in simmering water, add a fatty substance (a little whole milk for example) and a few minutes later, it’s ready! The diffusion of CBD by ingestion is relatively slow (up to several hours), explaining a simple dosage: one to two tablespoons of the mixture, two to three times a day. Spacing the catches a few hours apart allows you to enjoy the product to the end.
Here again, we’ve thought of you and put together a complete guide explaining in detail the effects of hemp infusions, how to use them, store them and even including two recipes to make yourself. This is the whole point of hemp infusions: the potential for combinations of flavors and effects is endless !
What dosage for its CBD crystals?
CBD crystals, sometimes referred to as CBD wax, are the purest form of cannabidiol, extracted and sold as a solid, easy-to-break isolate. Pure, their diffusion is very fast. However, there is no general dosage since, if you can use them directly in inhalation, you can also use them in other preparations: CBD crystals are the favorite product of DIY enthusiasts (do it yourself)! For find the right dosage and the right frequency of intake, you will therefore have to rely on the type of product prepared more than on the fact that it is crystals.
In particular, you can:
- Create your own e-liquid by integrating them into a neutral base (propylene glycol / vegetable glycerin),
- Make your oil(we have a homemade CBD oil recipe for you),
- Innovate by making, for example, your own Moon Rock Ice CBD (flowers rolled in resin, then crystals).
Be careful, however, not to have too heavy a hand: the crystals can reach 99% CBD!
CBD flowers: dosage and frequency of use
CBD flowers are, to the naked eye, perfectly similar to black market marijuana buds. However, they do not contain a level of THC (0.2% max. According to European laws) sufficient to make you high, nor to make you addicted to the plant. Although perfectly legal, it is still forbidden to smoke them.
You can thus infuser, roughly chopping them and then using them as a classic mixture. You can also use a plant material spray, like the Pax 3, in order to enjoy the aromas and effects of your favorite CBD cannabis strain while avoiding the risks (legal and on health) related to the combustion of the flower. The advantage of this vaporizer is that you have two bowls of different capacities for the herbs: so you can use the large bowl for more spaced vapes or low concentration CBD flowers (up to 8% CBD), and the half-bowl if you want closer vaping sessions and / or flowers with a higher concentration of cannabidiol.
Here again, dosage and frequency of use may vary depending on your profile. If you are just starting out, therefore prefer the half-bowl, even if it means filling it the next time: do not lock yourself in too arbitrary a dosage allows you to better understand the reactions of your body and not to waste the product.
Gentle diffusion for your pollens and CBD resins
Much like CBD flowers, pollens (drier) and resins (more sticky) are not intended to be smoked. However, you can also infuse them or use them in your spray prefer. The advantage of inhalation is then the rapidity of the effects, compared in particular to use in cooking or baking, also possible.