The Bubba Kush strain gained popularity in the ’90s, and its genetic history is somewhat ambiguous. Stoners speculate this cannabis breed’s lineage to be of eastern (possibly afghani) origins, but Bubba Kush strain info has never been officially documented.
When you take a puff of this strain, you’ll taste a sweet yet earthy flavor reminiscent of strong coffee. When it hits, you know that you’re in for the ultimate chill session.
In this post; we discuss all you need to know about growing the Bubba Kush weed strain and the calming effects it has on your body.
Let’s get started!
Bubba Kush strain
The Bubba Kush marijuana strain is a great option for those with some experience cultivating cannabis, but confident beginners may enjoy growing it as well.
Let’s have a glance at the Bubba Kush feminized profile, as it’s the most sought-after specimen.
- Type: mostly indica
- THC: 18%
- CBD: 0,3%
- Top reported effects: relaxed, happy, calm, and sleepy/sedative
- Top reported flavors: sweet, coffee, spicy, and earthy
- Flowering time: 8 – 10 weeks
- Difficulty: intermediate
- Yield indoor: 500 – 600g/m2
- Yield outdoor: 600 – 800g/m2
Bubba Kush strain description
You can easily distinguish this marijuana breed by its appearance. It’s color ranges from dark green to purple, and it’s coated with small white trichomes. It almost looks as if it’s been dusted with sugar.
When you inhale this weed bud, the scent of pine and citrus lingers momentarily in your nostrils. The taste has a distinctly sweet earthy flavor, similar to vanilla coffee with a hint of spice.
The aroma and taste are primarily due to its Kush heritage, even though the exact breeding history is unknown. Most stoners report first hearing about the Bubba Kush strain in the mid-1990s.
Cannabis enthusiasts make many assumptions about pre 98 Bubba Kush strain genetics. It relaxes your whole body while bringing about feelings of euphoria and blissful calm. It’s ideal for insomniacs that need assistance with falling asleep.
It’s best to smoke this breed of weed when you’re planning to spend hours glued to the couch or vegging out in front of the T.V. Some users prefer to enjoy the white Bubba Kush cannabis strain right before bed.
Aside from its sedative effects, it has medical marijuana properties that can help treat depression, inflammation, stress, and arthritis.
Bubba Kush grow information
Growing the Bubba Kush weed strain from seedlings is a straightforward task when you’re using our quality cannabis seeds. There are slight differences between growing feminized and autoflower options.
Feminized Bubba Kush grows short and dense, and a layer of tiny white trichomes appears as it starts to bud. It takes 8 to 10 weeks to flower, and harvest is usually in October.
Autoflower Bubba Kush allows you to cultivate any time of the year. The typical flowering time is similar to the feminized marijuana option.
This strain does well in both indoor and outdoor environments, but the yield expectancy differs. Sunny, Mediterranean conditions are ideal for these cannabis plants, and it’s best to control environmental factors for optimal growth.
These weed plants are typically resilient and tend to resist mold, but you should still take the necessary precautions. Keep the humidity in a low range and the temperature moderately warm as well.
If you’re growing the autoflower variety, you should consider adding some coco coir to the soil. Feminized cannabis seeds thrive with a hydroponic or sea of green (SOG) setup. Both of these crops flourish with extra calcium, magnesium, and nitrogen supplements.
Some tips for cultivating your Bubba Kush strain crops are:
- Temperature control is essential. Bubba Kush strain requires warm weather to grow optimally. A range of between 70℉ to 80℉ is ideal.
- Keep the humidity in a low range between 40% – 45%. Too much humidity encourages mildew and mold on weed.
- Use hydroponics for feminized Bubba Kush and 30% coco coir for autoflower. They’ll grow in other setups as well, but these options enhance healthy cannabis growth.
- Harvest feminized Bubba Kush in October. If you delay, your crop could be damaged by frost.
- Avoid high-stress training for autoflower specimens. They have a low tolerance for injury.
- Allow indoor autoflower plants 18 to 24 hours of light exposure.
- Protect outdoor crops from rain. Excess water could wash away the white trichomes.
- Supplement the cannabis plant. Give your Bubba Kush strain potassium, phosphorus, and nitrogen. In the vegetative stage, calcium and magnesium assist with proper development before flowering.
Bubba Kush strain genetics
What strain is Bubba Kush? Its genetics are pretty mysterious. It’s suspected that the weed plant is a mix between OG Kush and Northern Lights, or Afghani, but adequate research hasn’t proven this yet.
This indica strain’s effects are similar to Afghani and Hindu Kush, while the aroma and flavor are reminiscent of Og Kush. Much of Bubba Kush’s history is still unknown.
The suspected strains believed to be crossed to create Bubba Kush are listed below:
- OG Kush
- Afghani Kush
- Northern Lights
- Hindu Kush
- Triangle Kush
- Lemon Thai
- Pakistani Kush
Bubba Kush strain seeds to buy near you
Its laid back relaxing effects and mysterious history makes the Bubba Kush strain an interesting breed of weed. To grow your own, check out our Homegrown seed store and select your ideal specimen.
Most enthusiasts prefer one of these three options:
- Bubba Kush feminized: grow these for a thick covering and large Bubba Kush strain yield. Feminized harvests can last an entire year.
- Bubba Kush autoflower: These cannabis seeds are convenient to cultivate, mature fast, and can be harvested any time of the year.
- Bubba Kush regular: Growing Bubba Kush is straightforward. Buds that are ready to harvest are of exceptional quality and provide a sedating high.
If you’re interested in growing your own but still not completely convinced, take a look at some of our Bubba Kush strain reviews.
Beginner-friendly, easy peasy. I almost finished my first try at Bubba K as well as my first ever indoor grow. This strain was easy for me to grow as a beginner. Just a few more weeks to go, I think. I don’t partake, so I won’t personally know how it smokes, but my friends will!
First-time grower here. These plants were exceptionally easy to grow and survived my many newbie mistakes. Our final product was very dense and frosty.
As promised. Everything is as they said it would be. Great first time grow.
Good bud. Very heavy trichomes.
Seeds arrived securely packaged within the indicated time frame. Will be planting indoors soon. I am looking forward to some outstanding plants.
Bubba Kush strain – last blunt
Enjoying some Og Bubba Kush strain after a long day is the perfect way to release stress and ease your mind. Growing this marijuana plant from a seedling will make the experience even more satisfying.
Regardless of which specimen you choose to grow, you can find additional information on our Homegrown Forum, where we discuss current practices. You might even find interesting discussions about Bubba Kush strain genetics.
If you’re looking for more advice on growing weed seeds, you can also subscribe to our Homegrown Diaries. Here you can track your progress or observe the successes of other growers for further inspiration.
With all these resources, you’re equipped to get growing cannabis right away. Visit our marijuana seed shop and get started today!