Winter continues to give us some cold shocks that make us think about it a lot when it comes to having to leave the house on weekends. That of staying on the sofa with the blanket and watching a movie is becoming more and more the real plan on Saturdays. Do you know how you could put a touch of effect to your weekend nights in a homemade plan? With this recipe for hot chocolate with marijuana. A winter classic for snuggling under the blanket and freak out a little.
The traditional recipe with a personal touch
Among the cannabis recipes, that of hot chocolate with marijuana is probably one of the simplest and one of the best received by lovers of sweets. As usually happens, there are several versions for its execution. In this case we could talk about one more recipe light and another a little heavier. But if you are not worried about calories and are willing to indulge yourself with capital letters, don’t hesitate for a moment: go for the strongest version, with cream and whole milk.
Ingredients to prepare a chocolate with marijuana
- 200 ml of whole milk (replaceable with skim milk)
- 150 ml cup of cream (replaceable with light cream or water)
- 100 g of chocolate to prepare by the cup (replaceable by cocoa powder to prepare by the cup)
- 4 g of marijuana buds (we will treat them special), we recommend sweet marijuana from sweet seeds
To the stove!
Before snuggling under the blanket, you have to make a little effort that in just a few minutes will pay off. What grower You will already be used to this that the good thing is made of waiting and although in this case the delay is not something exaggerated, the truth is that the mixture of aromas that arises during the preparation of the recipe makes anyone open the appetite.
And you don’t have to be especially sweet to enjoy a good cup of hot chocolate. But it is that if it also comes accompanied with some cannabis of your best harvestWhat more could you ask for on a winter afternoon? So let’s get to work so that you have more time to enjoy this invention. Because the one who tries, repeats. But since it is not a cup of chocolate like the one your grandmother would prepare for you, it is best to take it very calmly and allow enough time to rest between one portion and another.
Hot chocolate with marijuana in just 5 steps
- The first thing you have to do is decarboxylate the cannabis that you have chosen for this recipe. With your marijuana buds already well crushed, you preheat the oven to about 120ºC and while it reaches the right temperature you place the marijuana on a sheet of aluminum foil. What you are going to do next is bake for about 15 minutes in such a way that what is initially THCA is transformed into THC, that is, to force the transit of a substance without psychoactive properties to one that does.
This process is what is known as decarboxylation and it is what happens when you smoke a joint and the cannabis is heated. You will notice that the marijuana changes color (turns brown), smokes and smells, but it is totally normal, so do not worry. Once out of the oven and with the help of a grinder (or by hand, if you like 100% artisanal processes) you finish grinding the cannabis to powder.
- In a saucepan mix the milk and cream and heat them over low heat without boiling. When they reach temperature you add the cannabis powder and let it cook well for about 30 minutes.
- After this time, we strain the milk and make sure to squeeze the resulting cannabis paste well to squeeze out all the juice.
- In the already strained milk we pour the chocolate squares and put the mixture back over medium heat so that they melt, stirring every so often and checking that the milk never comes to a boil. Do you already notice that appetizing aroma?
- If you are a good chocolatier, surely you like the hot chocolate a little thick, so when it has completely melted, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes to take shape.
Finally, the time to serve! Do not forget that it is a chocolate spiced up with a very special ingredient, so don’t get caught up in it. And keep in mind that effects usually appear between 30 and 40 minutes later having taken it, so do not go for a second serving thinking that the first has not done anything to you.
At the end of these posts we always like to add some details so that you can personalize the presentation of your recipes. In the case of hot chocolate with marijuana, the possibilities of adding a different touch to the original idea are very varied.
From the classic cloud of sugar that remains floating on the surface to something more sophisticated like cardamom or ginger zest, a pinch of turmeric, a light touch of cinnamon or a few drops of orange.
If you are passionate about chocolate in its sweetest version, you can always add a little brown sugar to the recipe, and if you have a more purist profile, you can opt for chocolates with higher percentages of cocoa and even add a few drops of cocoa liquor to the milk to increase the taste of chocolate.
It’s all a matter of taste, but something that you should always bear in mind is that drinking this hot chocolate on an empty stomach does not feel very good. So it is better that your cup is less generous but that you accompany it with a sponge cake or a cookie. A perfect combination.