Cannabidiol, or CBD for short, is a compound found in hemp plants and is used as a natural remedy for various different ailments. The benefits of CBD oil are numerous. There have been hundreds of studies regarding the therapeutic properties of CBD, including anxiety and depression. Let’s talk about how CBD can be used to calm anxiety…
We all feel anxious and stress at points in our lives. With life being so fast paced, the constant demands we face and the current situation (Coronavirus) adding to the stress, it is more important than ever to ensure we focus on our wellbeing and public health.
What do the studies show?
There are numerous studies into the benefits of CBD and in particular its effects on lowering anxiety and stress. Various studies have found that 38% of people who use CBD oil in the UK, use it to treat anxiety. It has also been shown that CBD can be a key factor in improving your sleep. This is especially important in todays age, where being addicted to digital technology has had a profound effect on our sleeping habits leading to detrimental sleep problems.
A build-up of stress and anxiety can lead to sleep disorders, negative thoughts, mood swings and even depression. A recent BBC article also talks about how people’s sleep in the UK is being affected because of the current lockdown.
Can CBD help control anxiety and stress?
Controlling levels of stress and anxiety is very important, not only for your own wellbeing but the impact it has on those around you. Using CBD for mental health can be a natural and safer alternative to using pharmaceutical drugs, which may have long lasting unwanted side effects.
cannabis and cannabis derived products can help control anxiety and stress levels by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system (ECS) which means it plays a role in regulating a range of functions and processes in our body including sleep, memory, appetite and mood.
CBD is a controlled substance which means you can alter the amount and strength of CBD you take to control the effectiveness it has on your well being.
What CBD products are best to take for anxiety and stress?
There are many CBD products available in the UK market ranging from tincture bottles (dropper bottles), capsules, sprays, topicals and even chocolates. To gain the effects of CBD, finding the right product depends on many various factors such as your weight, age, health background and your past history of drug use. As this can all affect how the CBD interacts with your system.
We always recommend to start on a low dosage and work your way up by following the recommended guidelines set out by UK law.
Natural ways to control stress and anxiety
There are a number of simple ways you can try to control your stress and anxiety:
• taking up regular exercise – go for a simple walk around the block to doing a full work out Exercise releases endorphins which helps the body and mind by reducing negative moods and increases self confidence.
• Start your day with Meditation – great for getting in touch with your inner self and can help you relax. Meditation is a great tool in clearing your mind enabling you to refocus your energies.
• Take up a Hobby – find something you enjoy and start doing it. It could be anything from reading books to gardening. Or even joining a social club where you can meet new people and friends.
• Reflection – allow yourself some ‘me-time’ to gather your thoughts and be grateful for the things around you. This could be by taking time out in the day by doing something you enjoy. This could be by reading a book, running a hot bath or even getting a massage. Topical CBD massage oils can help you relax after a long day and could alleviate stress by inducing a relaxed state of mind.
• Socialising – It is very important to talk to your friends and family if you are feeling low or down. Sometimes sharing how you feel can help alleviate some of the stress by talking it out. Friends and family can help you by giving advice or even just by letting you know that they are there for you.
• Healthy diet – eating a healthy diet will benefit both your mind and body. Adding dietary supplements and eating a range of natural food that are good for you will ensure you get the right nutrients and vitamins that your body needs. It can also help reduce certain medical conditions.
Studies and research are showing that CBD potentially contains a whole host of beneficial properties that can be therapeutic, relaxing and help with the reduction of anxiety and stress. It is also fast becoming known for helping people who have sleeping issues, with consumption of CBD helping people have a longer and deeper sleep, which is important to reenergise your body and mind.
At elitemii, our products are made from natural ingredients and do not contain any toxins. They are lab-tested and give you exactly what is stated in every drop, allowing you to control how much you are consuming.
#cbd for anxiety #cbd for sleep problems #cbd extracts #cannabis plants